Job Description: Program Analyst
Confidentially review grant applications and determine financial awards for businesses experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
Essential Job Functions
- Data entry and interpretation
- Customer service
- Temporary/full-time work
- Reading and interpreting legal documents
Scope of Responsibility
Understands the policies and procedures necessary to conduct essential job functions, is aware of personal limitations, and is aware of the potential impact of this role on the program and grant applicants.
Makes decisions that impact the financial aid of Alaskan businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Must communicate effectively with fellow team members and grant applicants to include providing input as needed. Must be willing to embrace suggestions for improvement and be willing to adapt as needed.
- Review grant applications to verify eligibility and determine award amounts up to $99,000.
- Track status of applications, utilizes Microsoft tools, and communicate with internal and
- external parties.
- Maintain focus on productivity while working on multiple tasks in an interdependent team.
- Treat grant applicants with patience and professionalism.
- Maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Adapt as needed to changing grant requirements and modification of workflow processes.
- Reading comprehension consistent with common business-level requirements.
- Fluent knowledge of basic Word and Excel functionality.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Able to quickly learn and utilize new workplace technology and application tools.
- Ability to juggle multiple details and processes.
- Possess the traits of a self-starter.
- Analytical Thinking
- Sound Judgment
- Personal Effectiveness
- Teamwork (Especially with Interdependent Tasks)
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Orientation
All Program Analysts must understand the need for confidentiality, during the course of the position sensitive material may be encountered that relates to a business or grant applicant.
Work is to be completed at the HEDC office or remotely. Applicants who wish to work remotely will need to have access to reliable internet and will need to work on a specific laptop provided by HEDC.
This position is available on a temporary basis through November 2020 with an anticipated time commitment ranging from 10-40 hours/week. Overtime will likely not be available during this time period.
The position as Program Analysts is offered at a rate of $20/hour.
Applications will be accepted until September 3, 2020.
To apply, please submit a resume with three (3) professional references.
- Online: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person: Drop off resume at the HEDC office (22 2nd Ave), Tuesday – Friday, 9 am to 4 pm.