HEDC is hiring for an Interim Executive Director. Please see job description below or download a PDF version here.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume with professional references and a cover letter detailing your
interest and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interim Executive Director Job Description
Posted: June 16, 2020
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Interim Executive Director is hired by and reports to HEDC’s Board of Directors and is responsible for the day-to-day management of all HEDC functions and for carrying out policies, programs, initiatives, and duties established by the Board of Directors.
The Interim Executive Director will perform a variety of administrative, technical and professional work in preparation and implementation of economic and community development plans, programs, and services for the community. Programs focused on local economic recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic will be a top priority. The Interim Executive Director will research and pursue a variety of grant and funding opportunities to implement specific economic development recovery projects.
Duration of hire subject to job performance and to securing grant or other funding. Wage DOE.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume with professional references and a cover letter detailing your interest and relevant experience to email@example.com.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: In accordance with HEDC bylaws, policies, and goals established by the Board of Directors, and with appropriate delegation, the Interim Executive Director shall:
- Provide business support and technical assistance.
- Provide assistance, resources, and referrals to businesses and individuals to aid in their success in accessing federal, state, local and private economic aid and relief resources;
- Stay informed of resources available to businesses and individuals for business coaching, assistance, financial relief, and economic recovery;
- Maintain and foster partnerships with local, state and regional agencies and organizations as appropriate, including regular communications with regional economists to stay updated on economic data and trends specific to Haines;
- Inform local, state, and federal law and policy makers on current economic relief needs, data, and trends specific to Haines.
2. Program and grant development.
- Research and pursue funding opportunities for program implementation specific to economic recovery efforts and other timely programs and initiatives in the Haines Five Year Economic Development plan or as directed by the Board. This may include, but not be limited to:
- Researching funding opportunities for economic recovery efforts from a variety of traditional and non-traditional sources including government, foundation, and corporate sources;
- Establishing and fostering relationships and communications with prospective funding and granting organizations and sources including federal and state agencies and private foundations and corporations;
- Maintain access to grant portals (example; grants.gov)
- Conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals including determining concepts, gathering relevant data and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
3. Office duties:
- Manage the organizational structure for the office, including maintaining corporation documents and filings, bookkeeping and taxes;
- Provide support to the Board of Directors including compiling packets for regular and special board meetings as necessary.